See I wasn't originally going to write this up, much less publish this, as A)I just finished english for life, B)Stooph already posted something and its rude (okay don't hurt me) to push someone's newly published post down the blog and C)I still don't have a quote, but since everyone else (i.e. Steve) seems to be writing exam postmorten comments and I really, really don't want to have to do spesh since darker than black 2-4 still isn't out (make them htfu charles) and like...I dunno, I felt like I owe you, dear reader something for not writing anything on the day you needed me the most, yesterday, yes I actually feel obliged to write something for you lot. Who am I kidding.
Righto, lets get to the point: English:
Problems:
#1: Ctrl-Alt is not a real online journal. Nice one VCAA, the closest thing to Ctrl-Alt is the webcomic Ctrl-Alt-Delete, which actually happens to have a user named Voxi.
#2: Voxi is genderless. I mean, sure I practised writing analysis where I referred to the writer as 'the writer' the whole time, but that doesn't mean you should make it a pain up the rear for us to go about an already annoying task.
#3: Voxi, YOU SUCK at persuading people. Mr. Bryant agrees.
Overall, not too bad. Apparently context prompt was reused from a sac we had before which I missed which is a shame, not that it matters since I did shit on that sac. Kane was good though.
Spesh #1:
Problems:
Not really problems, just problems with you, Mr. Weather. I prefer if you don't make the exam classrooms so suffocatingly humid. And it was a tad on the easy side...though not that I'm complaining for exam #1.
Overall: Exam Day 1: Still alive and kicking. I think I might survive this! Though, Stooph disagrees...:\ Oh and yes I lied about the quote. Aren't you happy. Chatting with MH:
Hungy:"So, howcomes you're STILL doing english?"
Man Hin:"Cause I forgot to change out of it in week one term one..."
Go man-hin you gun you. That's all folks, stayed tuned...not really.
-
3 comments:
i bet you're gonna get like 99.95 or something close :)
and haha nice quote. English sucks.
oh lol i got quoted. for once =D
Hahaha did you see the "We Dont Like You Voxi" Facebook group?
We Don't Like You Voxi. | Facebook
A teacher responded, I thought it was hilarious:
Dear Voxi, I'm one of the 'older people' you denigrate in the second half of your opinion piece and I'm wondering who your audience is for this piece: if it's technology users, then you're preaching to the converted, aren't you? If it's people like me, why would you want to alien...ate me by calling me a 'loser'? Who are you, anyway? This is what worries me about communication in the digital world: no-one knows who you are and yet you have such a huge impact on so many lives. Get a life yourself, Foxi Voxi. Get off the Net and get out into the fresh air. Miss Mitchell
My reply was:
Hahaha, a teacher's opinion! Nice!
Although, you're quite technologically savvy for using Facebook! But I guess that's what your point is.
Technology has its uses -- as a teacher you'd obviously know about the emerging use of ICT in Education. Check out something that a couple of ex-VCErs have started up recently, it's on the EDNA database here:
Merspi on the EDNA Database or Merspi - free online collaboration for VCE students and educators
Post a Comment