and our childhood has already passed. Fear not though, this is mostly not a rant post. Think of it more like a bedtime story.
So I think I've told this story to some people around uni, but upon seeing my probability tute work I felt compelled to retell this story again. This is going to be one of those stories I'll tell my grandchildren once I'm old and senile as the highlight of my uni days.
Every tuesday I go to Micro II lectures in the morning, and afterwards having nothing better to do I often follow Hanbo, Fong and Lucy to their probability tute. I might as well be enrolled in prob since I rock up to pretty much every lecture, even the ones on monday and friday (thanks to Dali). Now let me explain how the prob tute I go to works: It's usually Lucy, Fong, Hanbo and Dali sitting in a group, where Lucy's trying to do work, Fong's trying to convince Hanbo to become a libertarian, Hanbo's laughs at how Lucy spends four times longer to get the same answer as he does and Dali is...I dunno, being cool. I tell the tutor (forgot her name) who happens to be an estemmed citizen of very advanced age.
This particular day Dali overslept and forgot to get off his boat in the morning (he slightly fob, well not really fob more like ob) so it was just Fong Lucy Hanbo and I. Coincidentally the tutor was handing back projects from the week before. So she goes up to Lucy, gives her back hers; moves to Fong to give him back His, then goes to Hanbo and gives backs his; Now what happens next is quite odd: The tutor shuffles over to me, who happens to be sitting with the other 3, looks at me for a couple seconds, and hands me Dali's project.
We Asians must really all look the same.
And she never questioned my identity, Fong reckons it would've been rude.
In other news I went to a bar for the first time yesterday. Needless to say it was underwhelming. I did see, to nobody's surprise, that party boy Sam at the crime scene though.
-
5 comments:
Old people are old. Should place a side by side comparison of you and Dali so we can see the resemblance.
i swear dali looks like one of those red-dressed communist people in mao zedong posters
Asian? Check. Sitting in the expected area? Check. No one else around who looks more like Dali and hasn't had an assignment returned?
@mel: Lol, that's what fong said.
And yeah Dali does have that commie vibe
"Fong's trying to convince Hanbo to become a libertarian" - Hey hey! Awesome. Good on Fong lol.
Post a Comment