Monday, April 18, 2011

The pre-africa post

Notice: Due to the fact that internet is retarded here in africa and that it won't really make much sense to publish all my pre-written (yes, you read that right) blog posts all at once, updates will be delayed and put up whenever I get internet.

Eggs. This post will be dedicated to eggs, who being my tastiest friends thus far have allowed me to survive on my own for a whole two weeks. Let's start at the begining: week 7 of uni: Mum decides she's had enough of me and runs off to find dad in africa, leaving me to home alone to fend for myself for two weeks before easter break.
I don't cook and I don't do the groceries. Not to be feminist or anything, but I firmly believe that since females are so much more efficient at doing such...incomprehensible tasks (always wonder how mum always manages to make what she wants go on sale), we should leave it to the experts, so to speak. So when my mum just got up and left, I had to learn on the job.
Some of you might be like: But Hungy you live in the goddamn city, there's food everywhere! Sadly, food costs money, and without my mum around I had to dig into my life savings to feed myself; I'm sure you know that feeling when it's your own money being spent instead of someone elses: every dollar spent today will make your great grandchildren a milion dollars poorer in the future.
And so, yadda yadda yadda, EGGS ARE SO CHEAP! WTH! At $2.70 for a whole DOZEN of the little suckers, plus bread rolls on clearance sale each night at safeway (after 7ish. Also a cool discovery, though it's overshadowed by eggs), throw in some cheap edible vegies (cucumbers>tomatoes), means you literally can live on around $4 a day. And if you don't eat the whole dozen you might even afford to throw in some milk.
Let me thow these stupid photos in as I can't seem to fit them into my post:
$10 worth of groceries, of which $2.70 is eggs: this will feed you for at least 2 days=
But if I'd spent all $10 on eggs, will feed you for 5 days:

Or $50 on eggs:
Needless to say, you could have an freaking army of them. For cheap too. Anyhow, after having survied a perilous two weeks by myself I was ready for a gran old adventure. Being a good student I was and not wagging my classes, I made it to the airport on thursday afternoon exactly one hour before my flight was due. The good thing about being late is that you don't have to stand in line since you're already last.
And then after a short 4hour stint in the Singapore airport (characterized by free internet and overpriced noodles),
I was on my way to Africa. There were 3 babies on that flight that conspired with their parents to keep the whole cabin awake however, by taking turns crying and then having their parents walk up and down the isles so everyone would know that they were crying. And then after spending 24 hours oscar mike, and realising that sunrises in the sky are really pretty but my phone camera sucked too much, I got to South Africa.
Also I was searched by customs at the airport. While they didn't catch me for running drugs, it probably wasn't a good idea to have thrown all my underwear randomnly on top of everything else just before I left.

8 comments:

anonymous psuedonym said...

the third pic made me lol quite a bit

xin said...

"every dollar spend today will make your great grandchildren a milion dollars poorer in the future."
LOL I like it !

FROGGY said...

HAHA nice. eggs eggs eggs .

Unknown said...

HAHAHA made me laugh hungy! :)

Spcogg said...

Thanks for catching that typo Xin.

And wong/viv/francis for your support :D

Anonymous said...

[url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/leukeran.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/9.jpg[/img][/url]
healthpartners riverside clinic pharmacy http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/procalisx.htm dean of unc pharmacy [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/categories/antibiotics.htm]st lucie county florida pharmacy discount car[/url]
state board of pharmacy for ks http://redbrickstore.co.uk/catalogue/z.htm what is managed care pharmacy [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/mentat.htm]mentat[/url]
no perscription pharmacy http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/rhinocort.htm kabs pharmacy tampa online [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/procalisx.htm]pharmacy benefit trend[/url]
online pharmacy adderall http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/lexapro.htm what strengths should a pharmacy applicant possess [url=http://redbrickstore.co.uk/products/diclofenac.htm]diclofenac[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/antabuse.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/1.jpg[/img][/url]
ku pharmacy interview list http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/colchicine.htm procare pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/pulmicort.htm]lafamme breast mexico pharmacy[/url]
pharmacy no prescription http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/nizoral.htm james haley va hospital pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/premarin.htm]premarin[/url]
wellspring pharmacy mansfield ohio http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/kamasutra-superthin-condoms.htm pharmacy jobs [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/aldactone.htm]pharmacy services value tier[/url]
auburn pharmacy school http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/bystolic.htm new england mail order pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/rave--energy-and-mind-stimulator-.htm]rave energy and mind stimulator [/url]

Anonymous said...

dating a sexually abused woman http://loveepicentre.com/ phones and dating choices
cali columbia dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/advice/]quality dating sites and personals[/url] michigan speed dating
dating personals for stover mo 65078 [url=http://loveepicentre.com/contact/]boys 4 men dating[/url] dating network san antonio tx [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/anu_1966/]anu_1966[/url] dating psychos