About time we get started with this blog. Not going to be no readership by not updating.
Before we start, here's a little bonus: anybody remember that charles comic we had ages ago? Well, here's more of the same. Courtesy of victor
And also while we're at it,
"I went to sleep at 6am last night."-Charles
Hum where to start. Another year has rolled by, and I don't think I've managed to finish an exam comfortably, actually nevermind comfortably, since the start of the year. Exams are positively boring now, with no sense of accomplishment or motivation to do well in them. Oh well.
I watched diehard 4 the other day, which was pretty cool, featuring some nicely done action scenes, including a helicopter downed by a car, and a jet fighter downed by a crate. But the point is, commercials these days really really need to think about how they treat their audiences.
There was this dettol ad about an automatic soap dispenser, of which the selling point was
supposed to be that it killed more germs, because there was germs on the pump of typical dispensers which got on your hand as you pressed it for soap.
There are a couple of conclusions we can draw from this:
We could be inclined to think that handwash has only ever had a psychological affect all these years, and merely used by adults to scare children into doing something completely unnecessary. Which also means this improvement does nothing to change that, since it still won't kill the germs on your hands that were there to begin with.
And then there was that ad about the soap that killed all germs after 10 seconds! Because people cbs washing their hands for 30. I don't even think I wash my hands for 5.
First post back and I'm already raging against society. This isn't a good sign.
-
5 comments:
HOW HAS IT TAKEN YOU SO LONG TO WATCH DIEHARD 4.0? D;
The only reason i use soap to wash my hands is because it makes them feel less sticky.
want to try it out? we bought one of those dettol auto-dispensing handwash =p
yes, you should try not to stoop down to the level of social commentary like some our friends have already - it's poor manners and nobody of good society* criticises society.
*http://www.victorianpassage.com/2006/12/the_correct_thing_in_good_soci.php
link got cut off, see the rest here:
the_correct_thing_in_good_soci.php
Post a Comment