Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fun with casinos

will be the topic of today's post. I realized (more precisely, was told) that most of my recent, recent as in past year or two, posts involve me writing about how cbs I or something/someone/somewhere is and then throwing some random cbs quote about some cbs subject. I am a very lazy individual so that's not surprising I suppose, but in an effort to bring you something more engaging, let me tell a little about my day (cue shock horror).

My day started at 12pm, when I was awoke by Clement's phonecall, asking if I knew how to get to docklands waterfront, and If I could take him there. I answered yes to all questions then opened the window slightly to reduce the crazy howling of the wind blowing past the crack in the window, then went back to sleep. An hour later I woke up again, and began to look for food and then ended up with Clement at the tram stop. Then we got to the Icehouse and ice skated some. I also hurt my ass after ploughing into clement from behind (in his own words) on the ice. This paragraph was not dedicated to Clement at all.

Shortly after we, being the indecisive Asian kids we all are, decided to congregate outside mum's breadtop and decide what to do. For reading this blog i'll make a special deal with you: Mention this post to me within the vicinity of docklands breadtop and I'll shout you a drink. Why do this? You ask. Because see, if I buy the drink for you with the money my mum gave me, its basically free, right? Well not really, my mum's shouting, but for all intents and purposes its basically free. Go on give it a try, I won't bite.

Anyway afterwards we (large group) went to Lygon street, and stuff happened, there was beers and tears (not really) and other stuff then some people left and the rest of us cool kids, Clem included, went to crown casino. For funz. Supposedly we were there to watch some movie but we ended on the casino floor. Jacky was all excited (being a casino virgin) about losing some money but our collective conscience prevented him from doing that. Instead we tested the Yunghan hypothesis. And I'm proud announce that it was a great success! Really!

For anyone not familiar with this great and revolutionary insight, allow me to briefly explain in great detail the workings of this plan. In simple terms, one could say the entire concept is based on 'free stuff', or 'money on the table' if you're an economist or 'riskfree arbitrage' if you're a finance..er...the point is, riskfree money. What you have to do:
have at least a dollar coin: use it on a 1 or 2 cent pokies machine. If you win, that's great, keep playing until you have 98c left in the machine. At this point you cash out, and get a payout ticket worth 98c. You take this ticket to the teller and get 1 dollar back. See what's happening here?

So it works! Now armed this knowledge that we can basically live the rest of our lives off the casino, we went over to galactic circus and promptly spent $22 for a $20 game card since Jacky dropped a $2 coin beneath one of those drop crane get plushie machines. Now, this game card is an all-you-can-play for an hour thing, and shared between...8(?) of us, we managed to get at least $100 value out of it, short of the $240 max possible value you can get out of it. Limited to one game every 30 seconds, at $2 a game, that's 60*2*2=$240. Obviously we weren't going to play the same game the entire time (most of the guys chickened out of DDR for some dud reason, and we spent like 10 minutes on this 'punch a ball as hard as you can and beat the impossibly rigged high score that was over 9000), so walking around looking for the person with the card and waiting for 6 year olds to get off games wastes time.

All of this for absolutely free!

2 comments:

FROGGY said...

LOL casino virgin. rofl

and where on earth is docklands breadtop anyway............

Anonymous said...

Great, i found what i 've been lookin for