Saturday, November 27, 2010

A loophole

was the name of the third chapter in Charles Dickens' very excellent Hard Times, subtitled, for these times. Maybe It was the fourth. No matter, I've found a loophole! While this may not be applicable much anymore with the advent of people with P plates/myki and whatnot, did you know that if you have a 2hr metcard you can still use it after 6pm on the day you validated it on! I tested this in action (unwittingly) by having my supposedly expired tickets checked by an inspector and then put it through the barrier and everyone pretended my 4pm ticket was valid at 8pm. You never know, could be useful in saving you $1.70 for a new 2hr. (Actually, I was scared pretty bad during the inadvertent testing of this. But well what's done is done)

Or maybe its a feature and not a loophole.

Quote Nathalin:
"Man, you need to save water more! Even I only shower for 10 minutes these days..."-Nat

Also state election day today. But it seems like no one really cares, even the campaigners at the ballot box place was more inclined to talk about my astro boy shirt instead of trying to sway me to vote someone. At any rate donkey voting is still the superior form of democracy. I could elaborate but I think I'll let you think about how it works.

It's that time of the year where everyone is too busy doing stuff to be updating their blogs. Even the usually bored and busy updating YHL won't be updating for a while. Yes I checked. Twice. I've also been cbs blogging as usual. But since now my commitment is to quality per post instead of quantity (haw haw), I'll try to keep at it. Also guys, your comments fuel this blog!

1 comment:

Brendan said...

The astroboy shirt is tres cool. The red colour and the astroboy would definitely go well with an ushanka