Sunday, July 31, 2011

Now that you mention it,

I didn't really plan to bog once every two weeks this last month, but like shit, also known as uni, is going down and plus remember that Job I said I had? Well I hadn't been fired yet, so it's all adding up to my list of things to do. I calculated the number of hours of free time I have: It works like so:
Out of a total 7x24=168 hours a week,
  • 8*7=56 is spent sleeping, trying to go to sleep, not getting up, showering etc. etc. 112 hours remain
  • 2*7=14 is spent eating. 98 hours remain
  • 2*5=10 is spent travelling, to from school, between classes etc. etc. 88 hours
  • 7+8+9+9=33 hours spent at uni even though I only have 20 contact hours. 55 hours left
Now this is usually where it stops, but now that I have work...
  • 18 hours a week. 37 Hours remain.
Do you see that? 37 hours of procrastination. A week. Which means that approximately 4 hours worth of work a week gets done, since by my estimate I spent 10% of my valuable procrastination time procrastinating it away on work. That's a whole hour less than the five hours left that I used to have. But the worst part is, this is my to-do list at the moment:

origin upskill
MMI marketing plan
valuations/prob/study
CA-find hanbo
ASXSMG
AMP planning
http://www.ayad.com.au/info-sessions
dukes
http://careersonline.unimelb.edu.au/Viewjob.chpx?id=476934
the Republic
RBS
CBA
RBA com

I'm not even going to try and explain each of them. Need to go get cracking. Damn work.

3 comments:

Johnson said...

I can see you have put a considerable amount of time on this post from all the calculations, but doesn't this count as procrastinating from work?

OJ said...

For the Republic!

KL said...

The nerd factor of this post was up there and fried my brain.

But I'm glad you finally updated. :D